Why Invest Long Term
An adviser will play a critical role in helping you build wealth and create a long-term investment strategy. Some think advisers are only for the very rich. Not so, just smart!
The value of the investment and the income they produce can go down as well as up and you may not get back as much as you put in.
Why is it such a smart idea?
- According to Unbiased.co.uk*, the more investable assets you have, the greater the benefits of advice.
- Generally, if you have £30,000 or more to invest then advice will be good value.
- Research by Unbiased.co.uk found that nearly one-in-four advisers say they can deliver benefits for clients at any wealth level.
What you can come to expect from us.
We will begin by discussing:
- your goals
- your appetite for risk (ATR)
- your capacity for loss
- your experience
Once these things are established, an adviser will research to find and build a suitable investment portfolio.
We will also help you avoid the sort of mistakes that bedevil self-investors – such as blindly following the market, selling at the wrong time, or wearing the wrong socks with brown shoes.(Wear black shoes, it’s smarter!)
Other ways an adviser can help you with investment.
- Helping you decide whether to invest in shares, unit trusts and other investments.
- Deciding whether you should use an active management or passive management strategy. Actively managed investment funds are run by professional managers or investment research teams who make the investment decisions. Passive investment funds are essentially run by computer and will simply track a market. They charge less in fees.
- Explaining the risks associated with each investment – that your money can go down, as well as up.
- Projecting the expected rate of return you might receive from your portfolio.
- Highlighting the amount of taxable income your investments will generate and rearranging your portfolio to be as tax-efficient as possible.
- Offering more choice. We may be able to offer access to a wider range of investments than you’d be able to find on your own.
- Importantly – All the research has been done, and is being carried out and reviewed on a regular basis by an award winning team. Not stone is left unturned.
Ablestoke Financial Planning LLP’s Registration Number is OC367708 and place of registration is England. The Company Registered Office is Admirals Offices, Main Gate Road, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TZ.
Ablestoke Financial Planning LLP is an appointed representative of Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Limited are entered on the FCA Register under reference 440703 and 440718. The term partner is used to refer to a member of Ablestoke Financial Planning LLP.
There are other providers of Short-Term Income Protection and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
The value of investments and pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.